Saturday, December 6, 2008

Senator Feinstein Visits thatsjustbob

We all have thought for years that California Senator Dianne Feinstein’s elevator did not did not go to the top. I have even heard some people say she is not the sharpest tool in the tool shed.

Well, now I have proof. Today I received a letter from the Oklahoma Secretary of State. The letter states that, “ the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies, through Senator Dianne Feinstein, has extended an invitation for you and a guest to attend the 56th Presidential Inauguration in Washington, D.C. “

Attached was a letter to the Oklahoma Secretary of State from Senator Feinstein, requesting that the Secretary of State forward a letter to all Electors inviting them to the Ceremonies.

Now at first I thought someone was playing a joke on me until I noticed the words “Congress of The United States with Dianne Feinstein Chairman, Harry Reid and Robert Bennett” on the top left, then on the top right was “Nancy Pelosi, John Hoyer and John Boehner”, with complete details on how I pick up my tickets.

It is a nice gesture but I do not believe I will be making any trips to D.C. any time soon. As some of you may know December 15th at 2pm is the date we Electors attend the Electoral College to vote at the State Capitol in the Blue Room. Once we all cast our ballots for John McCain and Sarah Palin, the Governor and the Secretary of the State sign the ballot, the ballots are sealed and sent to Congress to be read during the Electoral College count. Once read before Congress the ballots are sent to the Library of Congress for its final resting place.

Bob

No comments: