Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Transcript And Journalist?

I really cannot believe that the Transcript would run as news on election day an "endorsement" of Collins from the DEMOCRATIC Party Veterans Committee. Surely the readers are smart enough to recognize that an endorsement of a Democratic candidate from a Democratic organization is meaningless. I'm no journalist, but it seems to me that the only thing newsworthy might be if that group (which I have never even heard of before) did NOT endorse Collins!

I am disappointed that the Transcript ran this "news" with the headline: "Veterans group endorses Collins". Again, this is not any "veterans" group - it's a committee of the Democratic Party -the same party that Collins himself chaired here in Cleveland County.

I think the Transcript's decision to run this Collins press release shows poor judgment and unfortunately adds to the skepticism that the right has for the mainstream media.
Just another reason why the Transcript circulation is down.
Bob

No comments: